A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Project and a New Blog

Last fall, Jo at Pieceful Afternoon shared a panel she bought, Pumpkins and Spice – I loved it so much, I asked for the details to see if I could find it.  In the end, Jo very kindly went out and purchased the panel for me at a LQS near to her home. 

We only live about an hour apart, separated by the Canada-US border, but have never met other than through our blogs.

After we both had our panels, Jo suggested we could make the quilt ‘together’, to start in March.  And we both proceeded to find go-with fabrics for our quilts.

Well, March is here already, and the fabrics are all purchased, and we’re ready to roll.  So we ‘chatted’ a few days ago, and determined our goal for this week – and set up a new blog for sharing our progress with all of you. 

Here’s a sneak peek of my first step:002

For more, and to see how Jo is coming along – and to follow through the whole process – visit us at Cross-Border Quilters.

Happy quilt ‘club’!      Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty design. I look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea to share a blog about the projects you two are doing together/apart... 8-)

    I gather you two will get together at some point hey!?! Perhaps when you are both done your quilts?! 8-)

    I look forward to seeing these projects come together...

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh... Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete