A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

I’ve been thinking the last few days about this weeks’ Words, and wondering what to share.  The idea of words beginning with ‘W’ came to mind – but it’s so early and I’m too sleepy to do a discussion on any one word (and I have to head off to work shortly).

So – a work that begins with “W"’ – the one that comes to mind this morning is ‘WIN’.  I’m not going to discuss it – just ask you – what would you do with a big WIN?

 

Right now – the first thing I’d do is get a long-arm quilting machine – it’s just so hard on the back and neck to quilt on a domestic machine!

Happy Wednesday!       Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Very unlikely to happen to us, as we dont gamble!
    But wouldnt it be great to help out the young in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those too. Just letting you know in case you win big :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd help my kids, make sure they all were set up and going to be okay. I'd send Mom and Dad to the Old Country. I'd give each of my brothers and sisters whatever they wanted. I'd quit my job and set up a proper studio where I could knit to my heart's content. I'd make sure that Dave had enough to be able to quit his job and do something fun for himself. I'd donate to the library and animal rescue shelters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would travel. Maybe stay on this side of the globe but I don't expect anything big to happen. But one never knows.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go to the grocery store and pay for everyone in my line - and tell them to go back and fill up another basket with whatever it could hold - then I'd have a cup of tea and a scone - just because.

    Then I think I'd pay off all the houses that belong to our family members - maybe make it possible for us all to live in one big compound so I could hug those grandsons more.

    And next - I'd find people in beat up old cars and buy them a new car and take them out to dinner, because I really like to go out to dinner. :-)

    And I'd give lots and lots of money to those brave souls that stand on the street corner, and I'd not worry one whit about what they did with it - it is theirs to do with as they wish.

    I say - let the winning begin!!!!

    ReplyDelete