A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Where I am from……

This ‘exercise’ was shared by Judy at My Front Porch a few days ago.  At the end she asked ‘where are you from?’ – and I started down memory lane.

I am from the country, the city, the country…..from the mountains, the prairies, the beautiful Fraser Valley….

I am from Margaret and Frank – who are from Ellen and Jimmy, Terez and Mikaly…..from Hungary, Scotland, Nova Scotia, American hillbilly……

Toddler_thumb

I am from ice skating outdoors on the rink our fathers made just up the street….. football games on the hill behind the house….. Red Rover, Simon Says, mud pies……..early mornings alone with my books before everybody else was up

I am from family camping trips…..duck hunting with my dad…. car rides just to get ice cream…. weekends on the farm with cousins….longer trips to visit grandparents…..

I am from a vegetable garden in the back yard…..running water from the tank in the basement…..the house that Frank built….

I am from walking to school – and home for lunch…..dresses only for girls…..lining up to enter school…..sitting quietly at assembly….

I am from basketball, volleyball, cheerleading……Pep Squad……Girl Guide camp……

I am from picking raspberries and cucumbers……babysitting jobs…..weekend housecleaning jobs……summer waitressing job….

I am from a Mennonite church in the country, where I met new friends, and learned of the love of our Lord…..Bible study groups…..missions and music and ministry

I am from nursing school……bedpans and needles…..computer programs and bed management….

Nurse_thumb

 

Judy started her post by saying that we need to know where we’re from to know where we’re going……I still don’t know where I’m going on this earth, but I do know my Heavenly home awaits me some day!

Where are you from?           Where are you going?

Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. I know where you are going... the right way... that's where.
    I really love the way you wrote this. We are made up of so many different but important things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fascinating, Peg. We have so many facets making up who we are, and where we come from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are two of my favourite photos of you. And I think your friend, Lori, is right - you are going the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post - you are so fortunate that where you are from is loving and happy and full of fun - not everyone is so fortunate. I enjoyed learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to read where you are from...we shared many of the same places.

    I'm just thinking, that though it is important to know where we are from...I guess the most important thing is to know where we are going. And so...'I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus'. Phil. 3:14

    ReplyDelete