A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, the Design Wall hasn’t changed this past week – still Pumpkins and Spice there waiting for some fabrics to arrive so I can move forward.  I did sew as many sections together as I could:001

 

But that doesn’t mean sewing hasn’t been happening.  I finished up my scraps with making some coasters and mug rugs:DSCN2808

Then I pulled out a pattern from my files, and made three of these:002

Not all the same fabric, but the same design.

Also finished up these flimsies:

003004

All this in preparation for the Free Motion Quilting Challenge

So with the machine all set up, I’ve done some FMQ – with reasonably good results so far:005

001

Now, I’m practicing pebble quilting – not so sure about this:010

 

The FMQ challenge will also help me to move forward with the PhD challenge – it’s these challenges that keep me moving!

Happy challenges!    Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy bee aren't you. I have never seen pebble quilting before. Looks like it would really rumple up the fabric though.

    ReplyDelete