A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

FNSI Results

Last night was Friday Night Sew In

Handmade by Heidi

And after a loooonnnng absence I was finally at home and free to join in the fun.  To see the results from the rest of the gang – just click on the link on my side-bar.

So what did I get done?

Well, for the last few weeks, I’ve been sewing scraps (and have emptied 2 bins of strips.  Yippee!

I now have 4 of these:010

But that’s not what I did yesterday – after getting that much done, I started working on various blocks of scrap strips.  Some of these were completed yesterday:DSCN2810

I now have 30 12 1/2” blocks – a few more and I’ll have a great quilt for our trailer!

From the last of the scrap strips, I put together some mug rugs:DSCN2808

All ready for quilting and binding!

Then I put the sashing in these squares  - been hunting for just the right fabric for weeks!DSCN2811

And I got this applique strip done for Pumpkins and Spice:

001

These are both PhD projects, happy to be making some progress – the challenge is finished the end of June, but we’ll be off on vacation before the end of May, so my time is limited!  Did some shopping on Thursday, and found fabrics so I think I can finish these up in time.  This means I need to set aside the scraps and dedicate more time to the challenge. 

And just in time to meet another challenge that I’ve taken on – free motion quilting every day for 2 weeks starting next weekend.

As a result of all of this scrappy sewing, I have this pillow cover filled:DSCN2809

All ready to close it up and give it to some little puppy!

All in all a very productive FNSI – wish I could be home today to keep up the momentum, but……….

Off to help a neighbor with her moving sale, and bottle some wine.

Happy FNSI!           Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. Wow you got lots done Peg! I stayed in and sewed on Friday too so I might link up to the FNSI when I get chance to blog - which will be tomorrow now as I'm at work currently

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do with all these quilted things? They are so beautiful, but how do you find homes for all of them? By now you quilters must have covered the whole world! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Peg, what a fantastic amount of work you got done! Your applique strip is beautiful and good luck with your FMQ-a-day challenge. I followed the link and I might join in with that. I'm a complete novice at FMQ so it would be interesting to see how much I can improve in two weeks.

    I replied to your taggie comment but I never know if wordpress sends the replies to the person, so thought I'd answer it here too. It's a small comforter - two squares of fabric sewn together with ribbon loops coming out of the edges. Babies apparently like to suck on the ribbons and you can use different textures of ribbons to make it more sensorary (not sure that's a word!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always get so much done - and I do love the leaf applique for the P&S. I'm planning one too - just have to get busy on it - I've got some cute embroidery designs drawn up too - looks like a good weekend for stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe how much work you get done...your quilting is so beautiful and I love to look at what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you might win the prize for the amount accomplished! I love the block for your Pumpkins and Spice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see what is going on with you. You are always getting a great project going and/or finished I love your stories. I am into crocheting purses out of the plarn (plastic yarn) for the Nazareth summer picnic. Doing the brown with blue bags, the yellow with black and the white with red. It works up a lot faster than I first thought. Enjoy your creativity Peg.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete