A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Family, Quilting, Camping

It’s been a busy few days, filled with all kinds of things.

On Thursday, we went to visit my elderly aunt and uncle – fabulous how well they’re doing.  These two constantly amaze me with their love for life – and their skill on the computer!007008

Friday was a day at home – getting some quilting done, trying to meet a deadline.   Pumpkins and Spice was ready for quilting, but I took the time to start another project:044

This Christmas table mat is a pattern that all of the members of our local quilting group are doing – some have finished months ago, I’m just late at getting going.  It needs borders yet.

Saturday, Grizz hauled our trailer to a campground for me and got it all set up – and then one of my sisters joined me for a girls’ weekend camping.  We did some geocaching (story here)  and found a few treasures like this:

012

We explored the town of Hope, and enjoyed the displays of chain-saw carvings in this the Chainsaw Carving Capital of Canada (how’s that for alliteration)

026029030 034  

 

 

 

 

 

We visited the Othello Tunnels, left over from the days of the Kettle Valley Railway:

039040

 

We laughed and gabbed and played cards and Skyped with another sister to include her on a virtual camping trip:043

It was a great weekend!

Today at home, a quiet day getting some more quilting done, and starting to get ready for a trip to visit our kids.

2 comments:

  1. What a glorious weekend - so glad you could get together with sisters - isn't the computer grand for keeping in touch when in-person isn't possible.

    I love the christmas wreath - that is going to be wonderful! I am amazed at what you get accomplished!

    Have a grand time visiting with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the group photo! That's just too funny.

    ReplyDelete