A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting things done

I’ve been madly at work trying to finish up projects for the PhD Challenge.  The challenge isn’t officially over until the end of June, but we’re headed away for vacation soon, and I’d like to have these done before then.  I committed to 6 projects.  Well, # 5 is done!001

This is a sampler of blocks used in the titles of Earlene Fowler’s books – love her books!  A great project with lots of scope for learning.  Here it’s draped over our sofa – but it will be living on our coffee table.

The last project is the Pumpkins and Spice quilt that Jo and I have been doing together at Cross-Border Quilters.  It’s all pieced and ready for sandwiching and quilting.  Plan to quilt this week, then if necessary take it with us to Alberta to do the binding.

In the meantime, we’ve been gathering together the things that we want to take to our kids in Alberta – some furniture, appliances, and a few odds and ends.  DS1 is a hunter and has quite a collection of guns – so Grizz has made him a couple of gun racks:003

We put the finishing touches on yesterday, and they’re ready to go.  Do you see Tobin checking it out, she just has to make sure we do it right!

I just love finishes – such a great sense of accomplishment!

Happy achievements!            Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Peg. I enjoyed your previous post also. Looks like you may need a moving van to go on vacation along with your RV. LOL Safe traveling and enjoy. Expecting lots of pics when you return. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love finishes too, and yesterday I finished my owl block - now I have to get back to the Pumpkins and Spice - really, I do.

    Isn't this sunshine great??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the finish! and it is so beautiful! only one more to go. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on another PhD finish there Peg!
    Nice gun rack... Here we have to have our guns in a locked cabinet...

    ReplyDelete