A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Heritage Park Quilt Show

Oh, my – it was amazing.  I’d heard about this show, and was so happy to be able to attend.  Heritage Park in Calgary is huge, and most of the grounds were used to display the hundreds of quilts, as well as host a quilt merchant’s mall.

There were quilts everywhere:

Draped over cars in Gasoline Alley:081_thumb

Hanging on balconies:

090_thumb

Draped over railings:

098_thumb

Displayed on fence rails:

105_thumb

Slung between trees:

101_thumb

In tents, on open-air racks, and displayed throughout various buildings.

I don’t know if I can even begin to select just a few favorites, but I do know I was so very impressed with this beginner quilter:100

9 years old!  How fabulous!

Here are just a very few of all of those quilts displayed:091093096104106109111

The Quilter of Distinction is Agnete Kay, a quilter of 30 years or so, with  both TV and book credits.  Here is a sampling of the display in her honor:

113114115116

Happy, happy quilt show!       Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Peg, It looks like a fabulous show- What a nice location for it- My dear friend Lou was going too- so I look forward to hearing about her adventures there too.
    Thanks for sharing your show experience. Have fun with your family.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I would love to attend this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love the mandala. It's beautiful. And the first one under "here are just a few..." Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful location, fabulous quilts. I'm so glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete