A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Quilting is Murder!

No, that’s not a statement of fact, or even what I’m feeling right now.  It’s a web-site/newsletter/blog where one can follow a quilting mystery story, do a weekly quilt shop-hop, get a weekly block pattern, win some prizes, learn about some fascinating people (real ones), and just have fun. 

(If clicking on this image doesn’t link, try the link on my side-bar)

This past week, the questions was asked: what are the Top Ten ways that quilters pass on.  Here’s the list they published:

  • Keeling over a warm machine (Life can't get any better than this....)
  • Fondling Fabric (Over Stimulation)
  • Drooling Over Patterns (Dehydration)
  • Getting electrocuted by a faulty machine (suspicious handiwork by an unknown!!)
  • Pins & needles dipped in Poison dart frog's toxic secretions by "unknown".
  • Buried alive by the fabric stash she had on shelves that collapsed in her basement (Suffocation)
  • LQS had 50% off all in stock fabric to make room for new fabrics being introduced at Quilt Market. (Trampled)
  • Abducted by UFOs (unfinished objects), never to be seen again. :-)
  • "Bobbin" in and out of consciousness, in a tangle of twisted threads. (Strangled)
  • box of stash staged to drop on her as she sews (a head injury)
  • Dying while dyeing. (poisoning, asphyxiation or drowning)
  • Bled to death from a bad cut on the wrist from a rotary cutter.
  • Death from fumes from ironing with tainted spray starch.
  • Never took a break from determination to finish that quilt that's been sitting on the shelf for years. (Starvation).

I guess if we have to go, wouldn’t it be nice to go doing something we love!

Happy mysteries!   Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where your Onomatopoeia post went (guessing that's a post for another time?), but that was a word my father used to try to get me to spell. now that I see it written out, I know I never spelled it correctly.

    ReplyDelete