A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

And we’re off!

We started our annual June vacation this year with a return to the Burlington WA area.  Because we’re traveling in the US from Canada, we have to limit the groceries we pack, so the first order of business is to go shopping and get some of the basic meat and veggies that we’ll need. 

We also needed to wait a day for our friends to join us, so we took the opportunity to explore this area a little more.  Destination: Fairhaven (a suburb of Bellingham).

003006010

This is an absolutely charming little town filled with galleries and lots of specialty and gift shops.  No (and I mean absolutely no) chain stores or franchises.  And everybody was so very friendly!  This must be a wonderful place to live.

Fairhaven is also a ferry terminal – and the Alaska ferry was in dock:008

The biggest ferry I’ve ever seen!

This apron caught my eye:

005005

and I thought I could adopt that sentiment for my life philosophy.

A double decker bus………..served up a fabulous clam chowder:004

It was a great day, the sun shone, the birds sang, the people smiled, and we felt blessed.  Heading east tomorrow – destination: Yellowstone National Park

Happy touring!               Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day in Fairhaven - the ferry terminal is one of our favorite places - our daughter was married in the upstair area - it has a big glass bubble that hangs out over the bay. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron sentiment is so cute...just wish it was workable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had clam chowder on a double-decker bus? I'm not at all sure what to make of that, so I'll wait for some confirmation. LOL

    ReplyDelete