A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Showings!

Day 2 of our vacation, and we headed out to Sedro-Wooley to see what we could see.  And we saw……a car show and a quilt show!

This little town was celebrating ‘A Blast from the Past’ and streets were closed for the Show and Shine, as well as vendors of all kinds of crafts.  Grizz took pictures:

039   040

042    044

045     046

049    054

As much as I know about cars……..I decided I like the yellow one!

There was also a quilt show, and because this is essentially a quilting blog……..         Enjoy the show – it was fabulous!

The intricately appliqued:

017

 

Gradating colors:

020

Fun:

025

Simple colors – but oh, so much handwork:

026

A fabric sculpture:

027

This one doesn’t begin to show well in the photo – the center of the picture was reprinted on organza and overlaid for a 3D effect – fantastic:

028

The technique of taking a photo and reproducing a quilt picture is intriguing:

029

This one fascinates me  - the freedom in producing blocks of various shapes and sizes and then managing to put them together in another fabric sculpture:

032

 

These 2 are almost mirror images:

035     034

And I just love quilts with a sense of humor:

036

Again just a sampling of the many fabulous quilts on display – wish you all could have been there!

Happy shows!                 Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the cars are fabulous. One day I will have a 70 Nova. I will! The fabric sculptures are so cool. I love the circle one.

    ReplyDelete