A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yellowstone National Park Part I

It’s been a few very, very full days since I last had time to post.  We arrived at Gardiner, MT on Wednesday after a day of traveling through driving rain and pressing fog.  But the end of the day found us in cool, cloudy clime – but no rain drips from truck door, awning edges or our noses!
We settled in with great anticipation of the days ahead – and the weather cooperated for the next three days as we hopped back and forth over the Montana/Wyoming border to explore the wonders of the first ever national park in the world.77.Yellowstone Park gate
The glories of nature surrounded us andwe reveled in the views:211.Views
Canyons:
219
Waterfalls:
205
A petrified tree:
199
Hot springs (and the devastation to vegetation resulting from all that sulphur)
158
I was tempted, but this little sign was enough to stop me from testing the waters:
161
We sat patiently and waited while Old Faithful worked and puffed and finally displayed all her marvels:
193
177181182184188190
Part 2 to follow.
Happy exploring!       Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love and miss Yellowstone! My sister & husband (and twin babies) lived in the park; they worked for the park service. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I love it so. Thanks for the lovely pictures and reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful photos - glad you are having such a good time. Our deck is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that!? I'm so glad I know so many travellers and can do so vicariously through them.

    ReplyDelete