A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Silence

……is golden

Or is it?

I guess that depends on who or what’s silent and/or if you want to listen to that person or thing.

I’ve been rather silent for a while, not because I have nothing to say, but rather because I’m not sure what to say. 

On the quilting front – not a lot of activity, just doing some busy work.  I did get the last of my scraps used up, now have 92 12” blocks – to use for?????    And 4 flimsies – about 45x60 each, waiting for sandwiching and quilting.  And even more left overs from all of that went into a big bag (from left over fabric) that I sewed shut and took to our DD for a dog bed.  Eden was quite comfie on it!

Then there’s a  Christmas table top, ready for quilting.

And an old quilt that my mother made for us nearly 40 years ago, getting a little worn around the edges, and some of the quilting pulling out – picked that apart, and will sandwich and requilt it to use again.

This little bag, I managed out of some scraps:120

It’s the perfect size to tote around my cross-stitch projects.

On the vacationing front – we’ve been back to Alberta for a few days, to visit our kids and do some business.  Barbecued with DD and DSIL, his family, and their friends – so much fun!

020

027

 

On the home front – a bit of turmoil right now, changes coming, not sure when.  I’ll fill you all in when decisions are made.

Things just have been moving along here, and time passing almost without notice.  Days get filled with ‘stuff’ and next thing I know, I haven’t posted for a couple of weeks.  I have been reading blogs, and commenting at times – not neglecting my blogger friends, just neglecting to share with you all the happenings.  But I am here – and hope that you all don’t mind me breaking the ‘silence’.

Happy blogging.       Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you Peg. Sometimes the days go by , full of 'things' and time just seems to trickle away.
    Your bag is very pretty, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peg, I hope everything is okay. The silence is somewhat ominous. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you here - and was about to write an email asking if you were ok - hope all is well there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondered what was going on. I imagine you have a lot on your mind,though. Then there's the holidaying and all that relaxing work stuff that seems to popular among recent retirees! Just kidding! Glas to see you back and posting again.

    ReplyDelete