A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the Good Old Summer Time…..

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a week since I posted last.  Time sure does fly when you’re having fun. 

And it has been fun…..

We took in the car show at our local show garden, actually a couple of weeks ago now:

003

We spent a few days with my parents, visiting and relaxing on what turned out to be the hottest weekend so far this summer.    On Sunday afternoon my sister, and 2 cousins with their husbands joined us for dinner – great time catching up!003

 

This is a picture of the 4 ‘girls’.  The last time my cousins were with us was on the occasion of my parents’ 60th anniversary.

008

 

Before we headed home we took time to visit a cheese factory:014

And a fruit farm:

015

Then we found a chocolate shop

Chocoliro Finest Chocolate, Armstrong

After stocking up at all of these fine producers, we headed home.

A couple of days ago, we joined our local ESS team for a museum tour and pot-luck dinner.  Our town has a lovely little museum in the old train station right ‘downtown’.  One of our members is a life-long resident, and the 5th generation of her family in this area, so she was able to answer all of our questions!

Then she toured us through her own show garden – a fabulous small acreage that she and her husband have nurtured to a place of beauty and serenity.  Unfortunately I didn’t think to take my camera!

So that’s what we’ve been up to.  How has your summer been going?

Happy summer days!           Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. OH what wonderful things you've been doing. Everything looks like such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it looks like you had a great time with family and friends and shops! What fun, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so have to get out of my back yard!

    ReplyDelete