It’s hard to believe that we were home for five whole days, and I haven’t even had time to tell you about our last trip – and we’re leaving again.
So here’s a quick catch-up
Left for Alberta on Aug. 31 – headed straight for DD and DSIL’s house in Calgary. We had a great visit with them, and some time at Heritage Park.
As well as the luxury of the trailer that we’ll be living in for the next two weeks:
We enjoyed the animals
And listened to stories of the fur trade:
And relived memories of riding carousels:
and sent us home with some lovely green tomatoes which we fried up and shared with his parents and god-parents after we got home.
DS1 and future DDIL were there with us:
There was music and laughter, prizes awarded and news shared.
We’re so excited for them – and we get to make a trip across Canada next year for the wedding!!
The weather was glorious all weekend, and we reluctantly headed home.
S/he very calmly continued to pull and chew while carload after carload pulled in to take pictures (very nice that s/he chose a wide turn-off area to enjoy lunch).
So what have I been doing since we got home? Well, there was
- doctor appointment
- shopping for fabric
- errands around town
- sorting books for the library book sale
- meeting and planning for an ESS course
- presenting the ESS course
- cleaning up after the book sale (couldn’t be at the sale itself because of the course coinciding)
- dinner with friends-in-law (this is what we’ve decided to call our children’s in-laws who are now our friends)
- dinner with kids
- helping a neighbor with a little electrical problem
Oh, my, it’s no wonder there’s not been time for blogging – or quilting for that matter.
And now we’re headed out with the trailer this morning for a couple of weeks. I’ll try to keep you all updated.
Happy travels! Blessings, Peg