A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mail call

When we go away for a stretch of time, we have a wonderful neighbor who will look after things around the house for us – including collecting our mail, and keeping it safe.  So when we get home, there’s always a nice pile to sort through, and it always feels like a HUGE mail day!  When we collect for ourselves on a daily basis, it just doesn’t feel like so much.

On our return a few days ago, a parcel was included in the batch.  It wasn’t an unexpected parcel, but we had no idea when it might arrive as it was coming from the US.

Inside the parcel:

143

This lovely tote is from Peggy at Daylily.  A few weeks ago she was celebrating a milestone, and shared several of her crafts with a few lucky people, and I happened to be one of them. 

This tote is made of plarn – in case you haven’t heard of that it’s yarn made from plastic bags.  What a great way to recycle!  The inside is lined completely with lightweight cotton fabric, so it should be all washable.              And do you see the little pin attached to the note card?   How perfect for a quilter!

I love it – thank you so much Peggy – appreciate all your work, and thoroughly enjoy your blog!

Happy mail call!                 Blessings,Peg

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful package to get in the mail! I had never heard of plarn. Now I'm curious to hunt some down to see how it feels. Sounds like the best recycling idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen one of these bags before and thought it was really fabulous. I'm not sure I would have the patience to cut up the bags and make it though.

    ReplyDelete