A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Treasure Found

On our travels, we’ve arrived at Leavenworth, WA – a lovely (famous) Alpine village in the middle of the Cascades.  But I’ll share more about that in another post.  Right now I want to share the thrill of the hunt (and, no, we weren’t geocaching!)
We headed out to Apple Annie’s – a huge antique mall, just north of Leavenworth.  To our surprise, parking was extremely limited – because there was a flea market in the parking lot!


Booth after booth, so much to see, thank heaven there was time!
I spotted a couple of items that looked interesting – and then we went inside.  Oh, my, so much more to see, impossible to even begin to take it all in – and pictures, well, the walls were so high…..
Anyway, as we wandered through the commercial booths (as opposed to the ‘non-commercial’ – and I use that term loosely – outside, I spotted an item the same as one I’d seen outside…….at five times the price.
Well, we couldn’t believe our luck when we got outside again, and it was still there – so it’s coming home with us:

The case is in fabulous shape!

Isn’t she a beauty – and do you see the knee pedal, that detaches from the front bottom right side:

And the cord detaches – just look at these old round plugs:

The machine tilts open so the cord and knee pedal can be stored inside the case.  But it’s definitely not a Featherweight – not meant to travel! 
I checked the Singer site (it’s their 160th anniversary), and have received a certificate authenticating it as being manufactured in 1910.   I had already done that for my other antiques machine:

which we already knew was manufactured in 1895.
I can hardly wait to get home and put this one on display!




What a treasure!              Happy antiquing!       Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely - and a surprise treasure while on vacation. Has it started raining there yet? We are getting it by the bucket load today. So I stayed indoors and made a pot roast and apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is amazing! I love it. My niece found a singer this weekend too. I really need to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous machine Peg, what a find. I have one very similar; the knee pedal actually fits inside the lid and though I have only used it a couple of times it sews beautifully. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete