A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back At It

Well, sort of…..

Home almost a week from vacation, and days have been filled with all kinds of catch-up stuff.  Sadly, quilting has taken a back burner.  And the little that I did – well, I felt like a novice all over again.  The result – this one little block for the Canadian BOM over at Quilting Canadians on Quilt with Us:

027

In the meantime – there was all that fabric I purchased on vacation to wash and press. 

Then there was grapes ripe in the back yard – and grape jelly to make:282.Grape jelly

Buns to bake using that new Kitchen Aid mixer bought just before our vacation:

Windows to wash, ESS meeting and some work to be done, doctor appointment, Friends of the Library, a new TV to buy because the old one died……..              Wow, it really has been a busy week.

Right now I’m looking for ideas for making a new design wall, because we don’t want to put all the holes back in the wall after taking down the old one for painting.  Any suggestions?  The old one was just a flannel sheet tacked up against the wall.  I’d like something that I can poke pins in to keep larger, heavier projects up.

In the midst of this, we took some time out – because the weatherman kept promising/threatening rain, but the sun kept shining – and made a year-end visit to the local show garden:289.Fall at Minter Garden314

296

302

304311

313

Today – time to clean the garage!

Happy fall!                Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. You have really been busy - I love that shadowy block. Today Don is doing the fall clean up in the yard - I'll have to do things one handed, or just supervise. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are a busy gal. Just read your previous post. So sorry you lost your dear friend. 95 years in a long journey. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy-busy!! Good for you Peg! 8-)

    Mmmmm... grape jelly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DH filled in a double cupboard space with plywood and my batting/flannel is tacked up on that. Of course it means we can't use the cupboard, but since it is filled with DD # 3's stuff and she is at university, I'm getting away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated welcome back. You must be ready for another vacation after the post-holiday rush! Those buns look yummy!

    ReplyDelete