A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, the new design wall has been put to great use this week.  As you’re reading this, we’re actually in Alberta visiting our kids – but I delayed posting of the quilting work done.

Here’s what’s on the wall

1. Elements for Myra’s Mystery Quilt-a-long:002

I’m actually all caught up now with the 3 blocks of my choice, a whole pile of 4-patch blocks, and the latest, these Shaded 4—patch:003

There are 24 of these altogether in various combinations of all of the fabrics for this project.  I kind of like this block – Myra showed a way of making it without making a whole bunch of triangles!  This is only the 3rd step so, if you want to join in, I’m sure there’s still time – just head on over to Tactile Pleasures – in Fabric and follow the link on her sidebar.

On the other side of the ‘wall’ are the elements completed so far for Down Winterberry Lane that Jo and I are doing over at Cross Border Quilters.

001

Pinwheels, ornaments, gift boxes, and some candy cane – lots of fun.  Jo is away right now – but I’ll post some more detail of all of this next week after we get home.

Happy wall elements!                   Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. I love those wall designs so much. :-)

    I'm a new follower. I hope you follow me back.

    Much love from Mystic Nymph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots happening in your sewing room Peg! Good for you!! Must check back on what you decided for a display wall....
    Your Mystery blocks are looking good! 8-)

    ReplyDelete