A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday–Down Winterberry Lane

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been working on the Cross-Border Quilters project.  Down Winterberry Lane was Jo’s (Pieceful Afternoon) and my choice for our fall project.  Last spring, we did Pumpkins and Spice, and ‘met’ each week for a ‘chat’ to decide what we’d attempt to accomplish for the week, then post our progress weekly on our joint blog (link above).
Our fall project is a Christmas quilt – Down Winterberry Lane, another pattern from Whimsicals.   Life and circumstances has conspired against us in this past month or so, and we’ve not been able to follow the same plan as we did in the spring.  Both Jo and I have had some difficulties with being able to sit down and sew – my problem has been a sore shoulder that’s limited movement to a degree.  It’s getting better, and the more I use it, the more mobility I get, so I’ve persevered.  I don’t know if Jo wants to share her limitation, so I’ll leave that to her.
In the meantime also, I was away most of September, and again for a few days this month – and Jo is now actually in Virginia visiting her newest grandson!
So our decision was to just pick away at this quilt as best we could.
Well, now I have all of the elements prepared, and on the wall, ready for assembly:
009

I’ll need to do some adjusting with borders and backgrounds to make everything fit (the panels changed size when they were washed), but it’s coming along!
You can see the step-by-step progress over at Cross-Border Quilters (link above or on the side bar) – each day this week, one element will be featured.   Fingers crossed by next Monday I’ll have the top assembled.
Happy designing!                 Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. that will be as lovely as the fall one. nice to have a friend to sew with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I've not even started. Just got back last night from West Virginia. We had a grand time and Donnie is the cutest baby ever - I've never seen such a happy baby - smiles all the time. I came home with a bad cold and still feel awful - so no quilting or even thinking about quilting for a while yet. I do love your pieces - they are going to make a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete