A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

FNSI Results

I didn’t get near as much done as I thought I might, but I did make some progress.  For FNSI I chose to work on Down Winterberry Lane – Jo at Pieceful Afternoon and I have chosen this quilt for our fall project.  We’re a bit slow in getting going, but detail will be posted on our joint blog Cross Border Quilters.

But, to show you what I managed to accomplish:001

These are the elements for the first of 4 sections for DWL – the pinwheels, ornaments, gifts, candy cane stripes were all done previously, and now this first panel is ready to be assembled into the section.

I couldn’t believe how long this took, but should have known – because I always wash all my fabrics when I get them home, the panel was of course out of square, and there was a lot of fussing to get it square, and add the borders to come out the right size!  But I made it.

Great time sewing with all you out there – later today, I’ll head over to the linky site to read up on your adventures.

Happy sew-inGift with a bow          Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. This is going to be a fun quilt. I love the primitive country look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your project progress. Looks great so far. Squaring things up is always a challenge for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing more posts as you work on this quilt... perhaps on future FNSI. It looks like it's going to be pretty once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when things aren't square. You made good progress. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous quilt - hopefully you can get it done in time for Christmas!

    I prewash all my fabric/panels before they hit my sewing room - I once did a fitted gathered tablecloth that shrunk dreadfully after the first wash, so it never did fit the table properly again, lol. Lesson learned!! I'd rather deal with a bit of wonky biased-out somewhat shrunken fabric BEFORE I sew - than AFTER! :)

    ReplyDelete