A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Loving Soul

has gone to live with her Lord.

Ada, whom I called ‘Aunt’ but who described herself as a shirt-tail relative, passed away a few days ago.  We’ll be celebrating her life this afternoon.

93

A few years ago, we arrived home from a vacation to a note that ‘Ada had called’.  We looked at each other and said ‘who’s Ada?’.  Well I called her number, only to discover one of the most wonderful seniors it has been my pleasure to know.  She’s my father’s sister’s husbands’ sister.  How’s that for a definition of our relationship?

Ada had a love for life surpassed by few – she’d lived many places and loved hundreds of people.  She loved to travel while she could, and gathered friends from all over the continent.  When she and her husband settled in this area, they became actively involved in their local church and she was envelope secretary there until she was 90, keeping track of donations, and distributing envelopes.  She painted, cooked, and baked – and made tea the British way.  What amazed me most was her technology skill – this senior could put lots of middle-agers to shame when it came to the computer.   It’s where she kept track of all those envelopes….and where she met a whole new world of friends on a chat group!

The last few years has seen Ada’s health and energy slowly depleting, and she struggled with diabetes, skin cancer, and a heart condition.  But as you can see in the picture, taken just a few months ago, her smile never left her.  At 95, Ada had lived a full and happily satisfying life – she will be missed – but she’s with the Lord she loved!

 

And while I’m here – this is something Ada would have loved – this giveaway at Kelli’s blog.  All you scrapbooker/quilters out there I’m sure would love a chance for this fabulous scrapbooking program, as well as the quilting goodies being added to the package.

 

Go with God!                   Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing about Ada. I find stories of people like her to be inspiring. You don't have to be bitter when you get old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the passing of your Aunt Ada there Peg! Sounds like she lived a wonderful, and long life...
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost an uncle a couple of weeks ago - age 90. Stirs up memories....

    ReplyDelete