A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thankful Heart

Thanksgiving is always such a full weekend, and it can be so easy to lose sight of all the wonders of life in the midst of the busy-ness of a celebration meal.  But with a ‘cooking’ husband, the work is made so much lighter – and we did a lot of our prep a day ahead.

On the day………….. the dining room sat in repose042

While we all gathered around the kitchen to visit and nibble and ‘help’045046047048

Gifts of flowers added to the décor:044049

After dinner, some watched hockey while nursing their full tummies:053052

Our family is growing – we added a fiancée and a girlfriend (both nephews) to this year’s gathering – as well as the fiancée of our own DS1.  Good news, good times, good food!       One of the best parts of having a big gathering – lots of help when it comes to clean-up – so thankful for sisters, daughters, and the various other women who are always in the kitchen with me!                 All is good – and thankfulness abounds……even after the day is over!

Happy thankful hearts!                  Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. So lovely to have family old and new for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a belated happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks like a lovely day indeed. What a wonderful family. Our son-in-laws are always the first to help with the clean up - I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table looks lovely, Peg. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peg,
    I like your blog! I have one too. It is Liz-thequilter.blogspot.com. I have put quilt photos and travel photos on it. I once had my travel photos on my page in QWU but someone complained so I took them off. She said that we should only have quilt photos on QWU. On my blog I can post person items about my family and my quilt happenings too.

    ReplyDelete