A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

What’s in a name?  I always like to know the meaning of names, and looked very carefully at the meanings of our children’s names before settling on them.  That was after I discovered that a friend’s son’s name meant ‘broken nose’ – I always wondered why anybody would choose that name!!!

My name means ‘pearl’. 

I’m named after my mother and a great-grandmother, so I’m pretty sure that my parents didn’t think about the meaning, just carried on a family tradition.

So why the discussion about names – well, Dawn over at As Sweet as Cinnamon put out the challenge to bloggers asking why they named their blog what they did - and is doing a give-away along with it!  Head on over and join in the fun.

To answer the challenge – how did I come up with the blog name ‘Pieces on My Mind’?  Well, I started it out as a primarily quilting blog, and looked for a word that would reflect quilting, but also wanted to be able to share about other aspects and happenings in my life – all those little pieces that make up my day and my quilts.  Thus ‘pieces’.  And then wanted to let readers know I’d be sharing various thoughts, ideas – and quilting – that came to mind.  So there you have it!

Just another little piece of my mind!      Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. Lovely name, lovely blog!
    Hop over to my blog en find out about its name :>)
    http://dezondagssteek-jeanneke.blogspot.com
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog name is very nice. I've always found it kind of comforting - and I have to confess, never really thought about what it meant. Thanks for explaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought Pieces on My Mind was very clever. I too like to know what names mean and I'm always a little surprised at how many people don't know what their name means. I'm "priceless!"

    ReplyDelete