A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Fall has arrived – and with it the rain.  No less than can be expected when you live in a rain forest.

Despite the rain, fall is my favorite time of year – for color!

Trees here are just starting to change color (not enough frost yet), but we’re headed through the mountains in a couple of days, and we’re sure to find some of this:

In the meantime at home, because there aren’t enough real leaves around to decorate, artificial have to do:002001

See the ‘leaves’ falling down on the left side o the mantle – that’s my ‘clever’ way of hiding some of the inevitable cords that come with all the electronic equipment – a sleeve of fall leaf fabric wrapped around the cords.

But outside – we do see color – morning and night:280316

We still bring inside the color of the roses still blooming outside (one of the advantages to a milder climate):159

Rainbows are often seen – a couple of weeks ago, I spied one falling out of the mist onto the top of the mountain behind us, but by the time I got the camera, it was gone.  But here’s a picture for you to enjoy:

I love rainbows,not just for the color, but for the promise of God – I think it was one of His most brilliant ideas ever!

Rain may come with gloomy skies and drips down the neck, but it comes with its own sparkle when the sun peeks through even briefly:318

Happy fall – weather and color!                   Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Our beautiful fall days finally gave way to a little rain and many clouds. Part of the circle of weather and life. Great photos. Love the rainbow. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is the very best time of year - the gorgeous colours here have just reached their peak. It's nice to actually have an autumn. When we first moved up here, fall lasted about 2.5 days and it was over by the second week of school. I like this much, much better.

    ReplyDelete