A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

After a play day yesterday:

  1. A morning visit to a Christmas store where we picked up a few ‘necessities’     

008

  1. An afternoon of planning a quilt project and buying the fabric with my sister-in-law (no pics – it’s a surprise)
  2. An evening of birthday celebration with family002

004

  1. 006
  2. As you can see we all tend to congregate in the kitchen.  The flowers on the end of the counter were a gift for me.  I reached the ripe old age of 60 a few days ago, and have been celebrating since.  Another sister-in-law is celebrating her birthday tomorrow, so this was OUR time!  We ordered Chinese, so no cooking and minimal clean-up for both of us – what better gift could anybody give!     Just so much fun being together.
    Oh, and I finished this for our kids:001

Filled the pockets, and gave it to them to take home – so now they have their calendar for the big count-down.

    But now it’s time to get some work done.  The house is tidy, breakfast is finished, and it’s on to some quilting, and maybe a Christmas gift or two.  Not that sewing is work, it’s just another kind of fun
Anyway, back to the Wall.  On the Wall today is Myra’s Mystery quilt007

I now have the inner border fabrics, so can get this all together – and add to the rest of the pile for quilting LOL!

Happy sewing!                   Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday
    I hope you are finding like me that life just keeps getting better :) Have fun quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

    security equipment

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy birthday to you Peg! Fun getting together with the family for any occasion hey!?!

    Your mystery is looking mighty fine! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete