A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Finish one and start another………….mystery quilt that is!

This one is near well on its way:

030

Just needs borders now.  Myra over at Tactile Pleasures hosted this one.

Now our LQS is hosting another – Block of the Month mystery, that will take a year to complete.  Here’s the fabrics I chose for this one:031

No idea what I’ll do with a kids’ quilt, but surely there’s a charity out there somewhere…….

While at the LQS, I picked up another advent calendar project:032

This should be lots of fun to do.

Countryfolk is the name of our LQS, and each year they sponsor a local family for a Christmas hamper.  For a donation o $10 or $25 you get a sheet, or three, of coupons to use in the store in the next year – and all of your donation goes directly to the hamper.  So if you’re in this area (and if you are you know where the shop is), do stop n and help out – a needy family will benefit!

And here’s the Big Finish:

029

Well, not quite finished – needs to be quilted yet, but Down Winterberry Lane is on its way to being ready to display just in time for the Christmas season!  I’ll post details over on Cross Border Quilters.

There are some plans for quilts in the works – but………….they’ll be a secret for a while yet!

Happy quilting!                   Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Your Mystery is looking good Peg, and your borders will finish it off quite nicely!! I hope you like it...?
    Wonderful fabrics for a BOM, and your Down Winterberry Lane Looks awesome!! You've been busy!! 8-)
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I'm not quite sure what the mystery is. It's no mystery that it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete