A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday–a BOM

Back in January, the gang over at Quilting Canadians on Quilt With Us decided to do a BOM, that Shannon titled Canadian Colors.  I joined the group, and have posted, I think, the blocks as they’ve been completed each month.

For Christmas, I had received a lovely package of fat quarters in greys and beiges, and decided to use those as much as possible in these blocks.  As the year went on, I didn’t pull out the previous blocks to ‘match’ colors, I just pulled from my stash, and the fat quarters whatever I felt like using that day,and made the block.

Here’s what’s done so far:006

These are in the order of the blocks from January to November.  December’s block will be posted shortly, and when that’s put together, then I can start to assemble the quilt top.  I’m just not sure if I want to leave it in this order, if I want to wash it, and how wide, and what about borders?  Lots of decisions to make – should keep me going!

We’ll be doing another BOM next year – no title yet, but there will be several of us taking turns choosing the block for the month.  My first month is February – starting to think…………

Happy designing!            Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. I love that you used fabrics that made you happy at that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is good stash using. That what I am doing with some yarn for a pair of leg warmers. Thanks for bd wishes.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Peg! It sounds like a fun group and a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOMs are fun. Will you put sashing around them?

    ReplyDelete