A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ta Da

Because I know Myra is waiting for this……….

001

The flimsy is done.  I struggled with deciding on the borders, and was not happy with any of the fabrics in the piecing for an inner border.  So I went shopping.  When I found this tone on tone red/brown it seemed to be just the ticket.  And a little bit brighter gold for a flange….001

And I was happy.  The flying geese with the print background, when added to here, just looked too busy.  So after consulting my pals at our quilting group, we decided this finished the top quite nicely.  I may use the strips of print with flying geese on the back,  just to keep it interesting!

Another mystery solved (and for Toni – it was a mystery in the making because steps were revealed one at a time, no knowledge of what the finished product was going to look like).

Thanks Myra for hosting this Mystery Quilt-along, it was great fun!

Happy solutions!                  Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. Don't know which I like better the quilt or the cookies in the previous post. Well since I need to stay away from the cookies I will choose the quilt.LOL Great job. So enjoy your enjoyment of quilting. Cannot show any of my projects til after Christmas. You know how it is. Someone is always snooping to find hidden presents. Still like little kids. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great looking quilt. Very interesting with all the squares and triangles going every which way. Colors are all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Peg! Sorry to hear your print/geese made it all look too busy! Your solution works out great!
    Thanks for taking part in my mystery! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: May I put a photo of your finished mystery top on my Mystery page? Of course I'll link back here too...

    You don't have to post this comment as it is meant just for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out great! I became a follower but for some reason I don't see my icon in your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the border really sets off the quilt well. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete