A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

I have so many words running through my head right now, I’m not sure where to start.

How about:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY – to our DD and DSIL…..two years ago today we were all in the Dominican Republic celebrating!  Happy happy day to them!62

Then INTRIGUED…..a new Canadian linky blog has started – a chance to showcase your WIPs.  If you’re a Canadian blogger, with needlework of any kind to share – here’s your forum.  Let’s see how many of us are out there!W_I_P__Wednesday___________Link-up___@_The_Needle_&____Thread_Network

And  EXCITED and SCARED – all at the same time.  A few posts ago, I shared a little bit of my bucket list.  Well, the bucket is a little emptier now, the list a little shorter…..because Santa arrived early around here and this is now standing in our bedroom:009

011

Yes, quilters, it’s true – for you non-quilters out there, it’s a mid-arm quilting machine.  I so wanted one of these, but thought it was truly a pipe dream, but circumstances just came together all of a sudden, and here it is.       EXCITED!!!!  Now I can finish up all those quilts that are tucked in the boxes you see underneath.              and SCARED!!!!  Not sure that I really know what I’m doing.  Thankfully I have a couple of friends with the same machine, so I can get help and advice.

As you can see, there was some furniture rearranging to be done to make this fit in our house, specifically in the master bedroom, the only room with a wall long enough.  The lady that sold it to me even supplied a ‘skirt’ to attach to it so I can hide all my secrets.

Today I’ll load it up with some practice fabric, and test it out for the first time.

Here’s to Words – so happy to have them to express all the wonder and joy of life!

Blessings, Peg

7 comments:

  1. Oh Peg I am so happy for you. That is quite a dream come true for a lover of quilting like you. Blessings and good wishes to your DD and hubby.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds very exciting. Congrats on your new machine and checking it off your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Quilting! So glad you're knocking off items from your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Luck with your quilting machine, what brand is it ? I have a Juki on a Grace frame, you will have so much fun. I wish I had more time to work on mine but when I retire the quilts will still be waiting. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new toy! Have you had an opportunity to take it for a workout yet? I can't see what make/model you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's nice to see dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete