A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, here we are again – the wall hasn’t changed much, but there is a little addition, and some moving around……well, just take a look:012

The last block of the Colors of Canada BOM is done – it’s the one at the bottom, a Christmas tree.  I think I need to figure out how to het the tree standing upright in this design – any ideas anyone?

The Colors of Canada BOM was done with Quilting Canadians on Quilt With Us.  I started the year with a brand new package of grey and beige fat quarters, and determined to use them in the blocks.  Besides that, I just picked what ever colors suited my mood on the day.

The block names, in case anybody is wondering:

                                          Maple Leaf – Jan

                      North Winds – Feb            Bear’s Paw – Mar

Flying Geese – Apr                                                     Shoofly – May

Bow-tie – June                                                                Lady of the Lake – July

          Wandering Star – Aug                          Shortcut to School – Sept

                     Homeward Bound – Oct       Dble Friendships Star – Nov

                                                     Christmas Tree – Dec

So what’s the plan?  I want to design a ‘map of Canada’ to applique and put in the center, then sash and borders, and voila (I hope) a great table mat!

This will be shared over at Quilting Canadians, as well as on The Needle and Thread Network (Canadian blog).

So proud to be CANADIAN!

Happy Canadian quilting!             Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I am so glad to be a blogger friend to a proud Canadian. I like Canada too, for several reasons.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea , this will make a lovely table mat , I really like these scrappy blocks . I must check out the Quilting Canadians , thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And love to see a proud Canadian. Right back at ya. As for getting those trees to be upright, what about re-orienting the trees onto a background so it's on point?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of making a map of Canada for the centre. The only thing I can think of to make the tree upright is to either remake it on-point or to trim it so that it is and then add fabric where it is needed. Sorry - not too much help!

    ReplyDelete