A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Design Wall Monday

 

Before I get into sharing what’s on the wall this week, I want to share some Christmas spirit with you all.  It’s the 3rd week of advent, and more and more I reflect on the wonder and glory of Christ’s birth.  Have a listen as David Phelps sings ‘O Holy Night’:

 

 

Hope you enjoyed that!

 

 

So I’m finding I’m moving in tiny baby steps these days.  Back on the wall:004

I found a soft grey-blue background for the center of this piece, I think it reflects the colors of the waters around our coast-line.  And the map of Canada, pieces all outlined, just need to choose the colors, and start the applique.  I think I’ll use a medium grey for sashing and borders and then see how it’s looking.

These little pieces didn’t make it onto the board – they’re the beginnings of the next block in our LQS BOM mystery:002

 

I’ll be linking this up to the Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday.   It’s for Canadian quilters – so let’s show off Canada!

Happy Christmas season quilting!              Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. I did enjoy that music Peg. I am taking off a little time from my pretty busy Santa workshop to catch up with my blogging buddies. I have gotten a pinched nerve in my neck from making jewelry. Never had any idea it was so hard. Ice then heat, etc. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the trees! Your blog is so beautiful! I think I'll just stay here a while. : )
    ~Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design wall blocks are a good idea for a cool sampler,eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks surrounding the map of Canada are a great start on your sampler. Eh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice sampler piece. I'll be interested to see it progress. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the map of Canada in the center of your sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete