A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

FNSI Results

A quick post before I head out for my Cake Therapy BOM class where we’re doing a mystery quilt!

Last night was reasonably productive!  First finished up this little wall hanging:003

The panels were purchased at Yellowstone Park on our trip in June – got it quilted, bound and a hanging sleeve attached! 

Then played with Big Bertha for a while:005

004

The practice is coming along quite well, if I do say so myself – soon be time to load an actual quilt on her!

And lastly – worked on the Canada Map for my Quilting Canadians BOM:007

The map will be appliques and centered among these blocks:012

 

Not huge accomplishments, but I’m satisfied!

Happy Friday Night Sewing!            Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Great work! I'm so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little wall hanging looks great! Don't you love playing on your longarm. Bertha huh. I need to find a good name for mine. Preferable something other than the bad things I say to it when I mess up! hehehe

    Now lets talk your Canadian quilt. Just how cool is that. Love the center and all the blocks around it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of breaking up Alaska in to sections (Where I am from), so I was tickled to see Canada broken up in a BOM parts, I am curious to see what it will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you finishing up your little wall-quilt Peg, and your Big Bertha results are looking darn good! Awesome!!

    Love what you are creating there with your Canadian map and blocks!!

    Happy stitching Peg! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. The quilting is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete