A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

FNSI Results

I’ve been feeling a little discouraged with the whole quilting thing lately.  Working on a BOM mystery with our LQS, and the fabrics don’t go together as well in the second block as they did in the first, so I’ve spent the last few days just trying to figure out what I’m going to do.  And not knowing what the next 10 – count them – 10 – blocks will be, I’m just baffled.  I’ve already switched fabrics around once – but do I keep on switching – and how many times can I do that before I don’t have enough fabric to finish the quilt!!!   Arrrggghhh!

So, needless to say, I wasn’t in much of a mood to sew on Friday.

I did go out in the morning and do some quilt-related shopping.  Big Bertha (quilting frame) was in need of supplies so I can move forward with actually quilting a quilt.  I went over to the local guy who makes made these frames.  Sadly, because of life circumstances, he’s decided to go out of business.  Sniff, sniff!  This means when I need help or maintenance……………….well, there is none!  He did give me some good advice and some tips, for making this all easier.

And I was able to pick up a foot, a bobbin holder, cones of thread and pre-wound bobbins at a good price!!!  So I’m almost all set.  I’ll spend some more time practicing until the muslin is all used up, and then I’ll load on the first quilt.

But back to FNSI – I took my Canada map off the wall, and intended to do ‘some’ of the satin stitch applique – next thing I knew it was half done.  So I persevered – and voila!

001

I do have to say that my tension level was high going around some of those tight corners, and this morning my shoulder is super sore, so maybe I should have stopped at ‘some’.  But it’s done, and I can start working on sashing and borders and get the top together – to add to my pile of flimsies waiting to be quilted!

Happy FNSI!              Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes just taking a step away from a project for a little while can help... The map looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i hope your soreness goes away. Remember shoulders down and not at your ears! Relax...I know easier said then done. Your map looks awesome. The northern islands do have lots of corners and ins and outs. well done. Don't be discouraged with your BOM it will all come together. now put on some cheery Christmas music eat one of your thumbprints and have a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great map of Canada! Hang in there, Peg. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your map is wonderful. I can't imagine sewing around all those ins and outs. No wonder you are sore! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete