A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

Yesterday I realized suddenly it was the day before the day before Christmas!!!!           Yikes!            And everything that I thought I could do ‘tomorrow’ had to be done ‘NOW’!

So I tucked in and got ‘er done!

The last of the baking

Some extra bread to have on hand007

Last gifts to wrap, and one last parcel arrived at the post office (phew)!

006

Menus written (so we don’t forget to put the peas on the table)

And we celebrated our dear friend’s 70th birthday.  Lots of fun!

003

What did you do on the day before the day before Christmas?  Bet you didn’t sit around and relax with a cup of cocoa either!

Today the kids arrive from Alberta.  With 2 dogs in tow!

Let the merriment begin!  We’ll start with attending our traditional Christmas Eve service……..and go from there.

With the holiday weekend here – and a busy few days of appointments in between weekends – and a trip to the north country starting January 1……………….I doubt I’ll be back again much for a couple of weeks at least.                          So I want to wish you all the very best Christmas – may you be warm and cheered and blessed.

And a Happy New Year!

Many, many Blessings                 Peg

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to your and your family. I worked the yesterday then at home made Baklava last night.
    I will cook dinner here tomorrow and we host a Boxing Day open house so that is when there will be lots to get done. Lucky for me I will have help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Peg I did relax a bit yesterday, strangley enough I am ready. today will be a cooking day and preparation for our German Christmas Eve meal and then to 9:00pm mass. I am not hosting Christmas dinner this year (next year). I am glad the roads were clear for your kids arrival safely. Enjoy your family time. See you next year!!! lol by the way your thumbprints look way better then mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely day before christmas. I am baking two apple pies, Don and I went and picked up my gift from him - an antique piano bench for my "new" antique piano and at 4 we have Open House - lots of fun!!!

    Merry Christmas to you and G - enjoy your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked on the day before the day before. Well, I mostly put in time - present in body, the rest of me was already on holidays. Except for payroll (very, very important!) and paying a few bills for the library, all of which I sincerely hope I did correctly, seeing as I was mentally on vacation, I pretty much just looked out over my kingdom and marvelled at the fact that it is my kingdom to look out over. It wasn't a bad day at all!

    ReplyDelete