A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Occupied

Just found a link-up called ‘Occupy Your Sewing Room’ (see my side bar to follow it).  The challenge is to occupy your sewing room for a day between Dec 3-10, to do some of that Christmas sewing – link up – and be eligible for some fabulous prizes!

So, I’m linking up.

And here’s what I did:

Down Winterberry Lane was planned to be a ‘together’ project with Jo from Pieceful Afternoon   to be shared with you all on our joint site Cross Border Quilters.  Well circumstances interfered, and Jo hasn’t been able to get to her sewing machine for quite a while now.  But I really wanted to get this done for Christmas, so I got started.  You can follow the progress of this quilt over at CBQ. 

When it was finished, I couldn’t believe how big it was.  Somehow the ‘finished size’ disclaimer on the package just went over my head.  So, it sat for a bit, waiting for me to decide what to do with it – and then last week when I was decorating the house, I thought…..hmm…wouldn’t a Christmas shower curtain be nice.   So yesterday I spent most of the day measuring and cutting and measuring and sewing and measuring and cutting and sewing – I lined the quilt, added tabs, hemmed it and got it hung up.                     We did take a break in the middle of the day to take the dog out for a walk – it was just gorgeously sunny out there and we just couldn’t miss an opportunity to get outside for a bit without rain dripping down our necks!

Anyway, I’m thrilled with this!

Happy decorating!                          Blessings, Peg

9 comments:

  1. Very Pretty... and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea - so christmasy!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I'm so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not everyone who shares their bathroom - lol!! I think this is a great idea, good for you. Thank you for sharing your project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a great way to display such a beautiful piece!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! Fabulous use of Occupy Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you shower curtain. I would be afraid to get it wet....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. You now have one of the most beautiful bathrooms around. Happy 3rd week of Advent.

    cJoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea. Never seen that done before. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete