A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Sensory Overload

That’s what I’m feeling right about now.  This is such a wonderful season, and I enjoy all of it.  But at times, I just can’t seem to take it all in!

The Sights!002

The Sounds

The Shows

The Shopping

The Scents

001

The last two days, I’ve been doing the Christmas baking, and I think it was all the aroma that sent my senses reeling!

But oh, how wonderful it all is – family and sharing, food and gifts, fun and fellowship.

In the midst of it all, we don’t want to forget

Why We Say Merry Christmas

If you’ve noticed my header photo, you’ll see the candles lit each advent Sunday as we move toward The Day

Besides the advent wreath our house is filled with reminders like this:

Celebrate Jesus – the Reason for the Season!

Happy Christmas!            Blessings, Peg 

4 comments:

  1. I had noticed your Advent and love it. I think everyone is feeling the push of the season but in reality we all love it. It is through opps like this we can share our frustrations and get encouragement from each other to take a breath, breathe in the wonderful aroma and start up again. Blessings dear sista.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy time it is right now...sensory overlaod indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Darling Peg, I too am a Canadian Blogger and one of my granddaughters wants those squares you've got there...the ones with the marshmallows ...the gold one..and I don't have the recipe....might you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I can't wait for it all to be over and life to get back to normal again. Mind you, I'll miss my Yule tree come January.

    ReplyDelete