A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Boy

My baby – not such a baby anymore - is celebrating a birthday today.  It’s not a major milestone, but a marker of the years that have passed. 
On Saturday, we wondered if the ice we’d been ‘enjoying’
would recede enough to allow a celebration.








Well, it did – and he and our DDIL and her parents came for dinner and games!   We laughed, we teased, we lost (to the birthday boy), we ate, we prayed, we shared – and ushered in another year for Mr. Soccer





Happy birthday, son – we love you!                   Blessings, Mom

4 comments:

  1. Peg, thanks for commenting on my blog - it led me to yours!! I have read some of your recent posts and actually went back and read your first one! Congratulations on your retirement and welcome to the obsessive world of quilting. I will be following your blog and look forward to reading it all.
    Marilyn
    http://goldiesrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday wish for your son. I particularly liked the part where you said you prayed together. You know, "The Family that prayers together, stays together." Famous quote from someone whose name is on the tip of my tongue and that is as far as I can get it. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your baby Peg! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know if certain baby boys would put their birthdays on FB,their aunts would not forget them! Hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete