A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WIP Wednesday Feb 1

Well, the rains came and took away the snow and ice.  With it, left the lovely peace and quiet of being house bound!
But that also meant I could head out to meet my SIL for a day of quilting.  We’re doing a project together, but it’s a surprise, so no details yet!  S belongs to a guild, who host a drop-in quilting day once a month – so that’s where we headed.  We had a great day in a bright and cheery room, full of other quilters:
056.Sewing with Sherrill


And we got all these little squares cut out:005

We had the use of a friend’s strip cutting ruler, which made the task just speed by.  If you don’t have one of these, or access to borrow one, rush right out and get one.  They are a god-send!
While there, I met, in person, two other blogging buddies – check out A Loose Bobbin and What Comes Next?  Fabulous quilters, wonderful folks!
And the quilting tips just flew around the room – there was always somebody with an idea, a technique, encouragement!  This is what quilting is all about – IMHO!
Later, we spent some time on the computer with EQ7 – another fabulous tool!  And I got another surprise project planned out!  Many, many thanks to S and Janet (What Comes Next).
The next 2 days, I got busy while I still had the strip cutting ruler, and got started on the cutting for the second project:
006007

You can see in the corner of the second picture is my rotary mat – don’t know what I would have done without that when I was cutting all those angles!
So no sewing, but the start of 2 more WIPs.
I’m linked to TNATN WIP Wednesday!  Head on over and see what everybody else is doing.
Happy cutting!                 Blessings, Peg

10 comments:

  1. drop in is always so much fun - you should join us again! You've made great progress with your cutting - those mats are fabulous - I can't wait to start seeing the pieces coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! - and you are becoming quite the gadget lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours; that blue is just so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like great fun doing a project with your SIL. I will look forward to seeing the 'surprise' in due course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those projects look intriguing, Peg! I'm looking forward to what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice you had the day with quilting friends , sounds like fun and you accomplished a lot of cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of a fun time. Looking forward to seeing what those bits and pieces become!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great to find two new bloggers to follow, while catching up on posts! I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you ever wonder what's more fun - the actual craft? Or the cool gadgets that we employ in the process?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it's all about the gadgets! LOL

    ReplyDelete