A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

FNSI Results

It apparently was meant to be frogging time around here.  I started on Thursday working on these:002
The first 36 45-deg seams almost all have to be redone.  So I was prepared to frog more on Friday.  But actually it went better – maybe because I was steeled for it……..  Anyway, only a few needed to be frogged and redone.  In the end I got 18 more completed and trimmed to lovely 8 1/2” blocks.

That felt so good that I thought I’d go on to doing these:

001

At our last BOM class at the LQS, we decided that the center 6-patch just didn’t stand out enough (with pale yellow background where the green is now).  I’d previously taken them apart, ready to sew the center.  Well, it didn’t go so well.  I guess my 1/4” seams were just slightly different and……  I frogged and resewed and frogged and resewed.  Unbelievable!   But I did get 4 done.  Much better don’t you agree.

So not a whole bunch done, but at least it’s progress!

Linked to FNSI over at Handmade by Heidi – do stop on by and see what everybody else is doing!

Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. I hope the frogging time has passed now - your block shown looks wonderful. I do like the green in your re-done BOM - much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frogging? Please explain. I do like the new centres - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, frogs make a sound....'Ripit, Ripit, Ripit'.....so when quilters start ripping out.........

      Delete
  3. How to you ever have the patience... I have been trying to work on one...and am ready to throw it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, don't throw it out! I know, I know, it can be tough, but just keep on keeping on, it'll all come together. And then you can put a label on it that says: 'the imperfections in this quilt were put there on purpose to enhance its beauty'!

      Delete
  4. All I can say is that you are extremely patient and tenacious!

    ReplyDelete