A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday - February 8

Small steps, baby steps.  That’s all I’ve been able to take these last few days.  In between a trip to see my parents, an RV show, a dinner and cards evening, physio appointment, housework, shopping……well, it all subtracted from sewing time.

So all I have to share with you all is this:

001

Squares diagonally sewn to make HST patches – the first steps in the blocks for Secret # 1 (or 3, depending on how you look at it – start date or delivery date).

These came out of the cutting day spent with my Sis in Law where we produced these piles:

 

005

As you can see in the top picture, the sun is shining brilliantly here again today – the groundhog appears to have been right and spring is on its way!  Heading out to enjoy some of that sun, and get some more shopping done!

I’d like to ask for some help – I’ve had a couple of requests for small quilt projects (that won’t take long to do once I get going), one of them being a triangle table mat/runner.  Does anybody out there have a pattern, or know where I could get one?

I’m linked to WIP Wednesday at TN&TN.  Head on over and see what the rest of Canada is up to!

Happy baby steps!                   Blessings, Peg

Another test re restoring photos

8 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help you in your search but I do like the beginning of your project. Blue and white are always nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my very favourite parts of quilt making is sewing triangles! Blue and White, a perfect beginning for most any project. Will be waiting with bated breath to see what develops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg, you copuld create your own pattern for the table runner. Take three 12" blocks and line them up as though they are on point, add in 4 setting triagles for the sides and then bind the whole thing. Depending on how long you want to make the table runner, you could add more blocks, or reduce the number of blocks to two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I just realized that you are looking for a triangle shape. my suggestion results in a rectangle with triangular shaped ends

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree; create your own...love that blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think baby steps is (are?) the way to get things done. We have full sun here, too, but I don't think that will translate into spring just yet. Love your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Peg...the lattice quilt was done as a QAL very easy....I appreciate you stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilting acronyms are fascinating. I now need to go and write a blog using the knitting term: Steeking. Just because! (We don't seem to have may acronyms.)

    ReplyDelete