A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday–Feb 15

Hi everybody – first I’d like to wish you all a belated Happy Valentine’s Day!  Hope you all were able to spend time with some or all of the people that you love!  A couple of days ago Grizz and I went for a drive and spotted swans in a nearby field!  There’s something so lovely and graceful about swans – and apparently they mate for life and both male and female (cob and pen) take care of their young, and they live in herds – or bank, bevy, game, team or lamentation (who’d have thought it HUH), and are a symbol of loyalty and teamwork.  So I thought this was an apt picture for a post-Valentine post – here’s wishing you all have those in your life on your team, loyal and loving.

061

I’m making progress, in between work, physio and all the other ‘stuff’ that makes for life around here.

Remember all those little bits that I had cut out last week?  Well, some blocks are made from that – here’s just a glimpse (the projects are surprises after all):

001

003

 

I’m really excited about both of these.  The first one – 10 blocks completed, 10 more being done by my SIL and then we’ll get them sewn together.  The second one – 4 blocks to make one large block, the first of 16 large blocks of this type.

Also went shopping on Saturday for some fabric to make table mat and place mats for my sister.  Here’s what came home:032

This will eventually become a triangular table mat, and some kind of shape of place mats.  Really looking forward to this!

In closing here’s some shots of the full moon of a few nights ago (taken by Grizz):

 

062.Full moon

068

It was a brilliant evening – followed by a lovely day of sunshine!

I’m linking to WIP Wednesday at TN&TN – a place for Canadian bloggers to share their handiwork.  Why don’t you head on over and see what everybody else is doing!

Happy times!              Blessings, Peg

Test drive to see if I can restore photos

8 comments:

  1. Lucky you to see so many beautiful swans . Your blocks look beautiful and that fabric is gorgeous for your sisters table mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Aren't the swans beautiful! Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures. I think I saw that moon too on my way home from work (could it have been out that early or was I driving around for some other reason). Didn't have a camera though.. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg your quilted heart is darling. Nice inspiring photos of the swans.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you have swans where you live! Boy, oh boy! That would be something to see. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are looking great, Peg! Your piecing is so precise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..I am amazed at all the swans in one place. I have never seen that before. So the tempting bits you have showed of your projects look very nice. I'll have to come back again and see what they look like finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited about the table and place mats. They are going to be so cool.

    ReplyDelete