A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday–Feb 22

This week has been quite productive.
For Friday Night Sew In I got 18 of these done:002

Another 44 to go, 2 other shades of green, and I can start to assemble.
I also reworked 4 of these blocks to put in the green pieces (instead of pale yellow):

001



This is a BOM at our LQS, and last week we decided I needed to liven up the centers of these blocks.  So today I have 8 of these: 006
on the worktable – and a start has been made:
The color doesn’t show well in this last picture, but believe me it does look a lot better!


But I want to show you what I got!!!  It took a couple of weeks with several phone calls to the company in the US, but it finally arrived at our friends’ in Bellingham, WA and we made the trip down on Sunday to pick it up:

001


Yes, it’s a stitch regulator for Big Bertha!  I could hardly wait to get going with this, but sadly Monday was just too filled with other things to do.  But yesterday CC got attached to BB:
004And I wasted no time in loading a strip of batting, just to see if it actually worked.  This is what I did:005
Hallelujah – even stitching, and I can take my time and think when I want to change direction, and the tension looks good!
So this afternoon, I hope to load a quilt on again and really try this out!  But we’ve discovered Leader Grips and Grizz is quite anxious to see if he can put together a set of these for me.  Hmmmm…..maybe we’ll go shopping this afternoon instead………….

Anyway, it doesn’t look like much, but when I’ve had to frog and frog and frog again on some of these blocks (especially the first picture), I’m actually feeling like I’ve made progress on these WIPs. 

I’m linking to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.  Why not check out what all the other Canadian Quilters are doing?

Oh, and look what else I picked up while in Bellingham.  Stopped at Joanne’s Fabrics just in case there was something there that I absolutely had to have.  Well, there was. 003 This Shape Cutter, for cutting strips was 1/2 price – how could I possibly pass that up?

Happy progress!                    Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Ooooh you are so lucky! I hear ya - a dream come true for quilting. ; )

    thanks for linking!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun fun fun fun. I have the shape cutter and love it for strips. I'm glad I was able to help out with the package and it finally arrived. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to have some fun with your new toy/ tool and your stitching
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new acquisitions. May all your stitches be even! Isn't that shape cutter just the cat's meow!? I love it and it makes cutting your strips so quick and easy. BTW i like the change that you have made to your BOM blocks. They do look zippier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure this stitch regulator will be. A huge help to you with your quilts. You will love the shape cutter I have one and just love it.

    ReplyDelete