A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Quilting Canadians BOM 2011

All last year the Quilting Canadians on Quilt With Us, built blocks for a Colors of Canada quilt.  At the end of the year, I put them together with an appliqued map of Canada in the center, and just today, I finished the quilting.  All that’s left is the binding.

I’m really please with the way this one turned out:042

My stack of quilts waiting for binding has grown now to six, and there’s still two more waiting for quilting – I guess I know what I’m going to be doing for the next while!  It’s not that I don’t like doing the binding, just been too focused on other projects.

Happy quilting and finishing!            Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. Yay, I bet you are thrilled to have one complete. It is a great Canadian themed quilt! Love your map - it must have been quite a bit of work to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peg, The quilt looks great. Must have been tricky appliquing the map!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt Peg! The appliqued centre is very very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt glad l stopped by. Will visit your blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete