A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

ANOTHER post??

I know, I know, after weeks of almost nothing, suddenly here I am AGAIN for the third time in four days. 

But I really want to show you what we did yesterday:

004

An all-day sewing session, three grandparents-to-be –

Project Diapers

Grizz was right in there with us – cutting flannel and batting for the soakers

003

And when the prototypes came off the assembly line, he applied the snaps:

001

Here’s the first two completed diapers:

008

Two down ……  58 to go!

After those two were complete, we concentrated on the soaker inserts.  Check out the pile on the back table:007

That’s 1/6 of the soakers we need.  We got them all done, and we’re ready to roll with making all those diapers – next week!

In the meantime, I just got word that the quilter is finished with Surprise Project # 2, so I’ll pick it up today and get going on the binding.  Hallelujah!  Done in plenty of time for presentation.  Won’t be long now and I’ll be able to share it with you all!

Happy together-sewing!                    Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. I have never in my life heard of homemade diapers. This is amazing women. I have no babies in the family at this time but hope that changes soon.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a regular sweat shop going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she really going to use them? I used the regular old rectangular diapers that had to be folded, pinned and covered with rubber pants. Folding them was one of my favourite things to do - go figure! I have to say that I'm thrilled that she is using re-usable diapers. Very, very cool! And they're so cute.

    ReplyDelete