A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Spring Days!

It feel like forever since I last posted, but it’s only been a week!  I guess, because it’s been such a busy couple of weeks, it feels like a lot of time has gone by.

Nearly two weeks ago, we headed out to Alberta to visit our kids.  First stop at DS1 and fiancee, where we helped with a little work around the house.  We had beautiful weather for traveling, then woke up the first morning to…..

073

Having grown up in Alberta, I know that you can see snow 10-11 months of the year, but it was still a shock!  The rest of the week was beautiful and sunny and warm, perfect for the jobs at hand.

The deck got finished:

074

A wall was built:

075

We enjoyed BBQ pheasant, and dinners in the sun:071

081

And lots of talk about wedding plans and rehearsal dinner.   I got to see the wedding dress, but sorry can’t share, because it is of course a secret from DS1.  But only for a few more weeks.  The wedding is in August, in Nova Scotia – which means of course that there’s lots of planning for our cross-country trip.

And we took the dogs out for walks:054

063

 

Next we went to DD and DSIL for a few nights.  There we enjoyed more sunshine, and celebrated Mother’s Day with both kids and some of their friends whose mothers live at a distance.

086

089

091

With DD and DSIL, the talk is all about babies, and we did some ‘window’ shopping just to see what’s out there, and what styles and colors they like.  Lots of fun looking through a baby name book!

 

We arrived home several days ago, and things returned to a nearly normal routine, including dinner with DS2 and DDIL.  We played some cards and talked all about their plans for grad school for DDIL.

11

 

Good times, and wonderful futures ahead for everybody.

 

On the quilting front, things have slowed down somewhat.  But I did pull my last scrap quilt off the frame:002

It’s big enough for the bed in our trailer, and will be wonderful for an extra quilt to keep us warm on the cool nights as we head away on our cross-Canada trip!  Just weeks away now.

 

In the meantime, I had the chance to help a friend get started on making diapers for her coming grand-child.  This little gem was one final result:003

But most importantly, I got hints for how to proceed with the diapers that M (the other new grandmother) and I plan to start on this week.

With diapers, receiving blankets, burp cloths, changing pads - and whatever else we can dream up -  to make, and a loooonnng vacation coming up, I’m happy to say that right now my project bins are down to the two BOMs that I’m doing (and I’m pretty close to on-track with them).  There’s lots of bindings to go on still, but no rush with most of that.    Quilting is going to really go on the back burner for the next few months – just one last Christmas project to finish quilting this week.

 

Being the May long weekend, this is typically time to plant gardens and get yards in shape in this area.  Our little back yard doesn’t have space for much of a garden, but I did get a few flowers into a pot:004

Just a little color in the back yard, now that the tulips are all finished.

 

So now that I’ve caught you all up with life around here, hope that you’re all having a great Victoria Day weekend, enjoying sunshine and family and friends – and maybe a little gardening, and of course if you’re a quilter……well, you know!

Happy spring days!                  Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. Lots of excitement at your house between weddings and babies and trips across the country! Here the excitement is that DD 2 and her boyfriend are home from Victoria and they have two (count em) new dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I knew that snow had to be Alberta.... We haven't gotten any in Central Alberta...but yesterday you could tell it was the long weekend..the wind felt like snow::)....but we did have a beautiful day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a fabulous weekend. Hope yours is just as great, Grandma! (It's so cool to call you that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful weekend. I decided that I want to be called Nan, and Grizz is Opa - we have to be different, you know!

      Delete
  4. Great post, Peg. I think you pretty much covered it all. You certainly have lots going on and many blessings to look forward to. I'm just finishing binding a baby quilt and have made some burp clothes for my neice's baby who is to arrive in August. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting things going on north of me. I loved seeing all your family in photos and learning about your trip. Enjoy the summer and keep on camping on.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete