A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tidying up Loose Ends

I’m all prepared today to head out to M’s house to spend a day making diapers for our common grand-children-to-be.  Getting ready for this meant washing and ironing fabric, making sure patterns are ready to go, getting all the bits and pieces together……and finishing up little things around here.

What little things?   Well, first of all catching up with the two BOM projects on the go:

Quilting Canadians BOM May block  - is Cathy’s Star.  Now this was a challenge – first of all all those little tiny triangles, and secondly, choosing blues so that the ‘star in star’ pattern can actually be seen!  Not one of my favorite blocks, but always good to step out of comfort zones – right???  I see a couple of my points are going to disappear on the edge, but overall it went not badly.

001

Then there’s the LQS BOM, using Marti Michel templates.  Another one with lots of little tiny triangles.   The biggest challenge here was getting all those seams in the middle to meet and lie flat – not perfect, but didn’t want to pick it out more than once.

001

Besides that, the last quilt came off Big Bertha yesterday – a Christmas surprise, so not sharing it just yet. 

This leaves me free to concentrate on diapers and baby stuff, as well as binding on the surprise projects when they’re ready.  With a 3-month vacation trip coming up in just a month, I’ll not be starting anything much new in the next few weeks.  Time allowing, I’ll start to tackle the pile of quilted projects that are waiting binding, but no rush on any of those just now.

So happy to have no more loose ends!  Gotta go now and get all the stuff together to head out for this sewing day!

Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. That last square reminds me of candy. It's really quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete