A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lazy

Blogger!

Another week of being lazy – at blogging.  I read all your blogs, but commenting………not so much!  Sometimes it seems as if my comments are all the same old thing, and I like to be specific and encouraging in comments, but my brain just isn’t coming up with the words lately.  And then there’s that darn CAPTCHA – Blogger has decided 2 ‘words’ is better than 1, and has made them more difficult to read (or maybe it’s just me), but sometimes I just can’t be bothered to fill in that little blank box.

But I’ve also been lazy about posting my own, not really sure why because these are really exciting times around this house.  Just in case you haven’t heard……we’re celebrating a sister’s 50th birthday soon, an aunt’s 100th birthday soon, heading across Canada with our trailer going to be gone for almost 3 months, celebrating the wedding of our DS1 in August in Nova Scotia, then expecting twin grandchildren in Oct/Nov.  All of this of course has kept us busy planning and shopping and sewing and……

Not really lazy over all, just about blogging.  So this is a catch-up post, letting you in on most of what’s been happening around here the past 10 days or so.

First our annual family camping trip with Grizz’s brother and sister and our families (or as many of us as can make it).  We’re not a large family, but do enjoy spending time together – and the last few years camping has been added to the mix.

Many hours around the campfire, just relaxing:

044

And Holly thought wine would quench her thirst just fine:

033

Baby diaper sewing took up some time – about half done already.  And then the other new grandma and I had a shopping day to get flannel …..001

……for receiving blankets, burp rags, change pads…..

The sewing continues. And of course, we’re planning quilts for the babies.

We also got yarn for baby sweaters and toques – but I’m not much of a knitter, so my share will be sent along to my mother who has so kindly agreed to take care of that task for me.

Getting ready for a looonnng trailer trip means making sure the vehicle is in tip-top shape, and the trailer too.  We decided to take out some of the carpet and replace it with lino planks – much, much easier to keep clean.  No pictures, sorry, because I just keep forgetting to take the camera to the trailer with me, but looking good!

And I’m winding up my job (doing medicals for folks applying for life or disability insurance) – finally going to be fully retired.  Now that’s a kind of strange feeling.  I’ll let you know how that goes, when life settles a bit and I can kind of figure out what it’s like to have ‘nothing’ to do with myself!

So that’s the news around here.         How’s it going at your house?

Happy times!                     Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. well.........not quite as busy as you : ) Have a blast going across Canada. We want to do that sometime too. Yes, I can't stand filling in that little box and I think the words are harder to read. I even had one with spellcheck!! It wouldn't let me post the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your having a good time sewing... A trip across Canada...lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who does medicals for life insurance companies here in the Yukon. She does it as a second job and works in home care for her main job. You must be excited to retire, but you'll be so busy that you'll never notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy busy! Too many projects and not enough time. Thinking about changing the Pirate Party into a fencing bee! (JJ)

    ReplyDelete