A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chicago, Chicago

You’re my kind of town – NOT

Leaving Wisconsin, the sum total of our drive through Illinois consisted of navigating the outskirts of Chicago, which only served to confirm for me that I’m NOT a city gal.

The skyline was interesting, though:437

441

Successfully getting through Chicago, we went around a corner, and suddenly we were in

INDIANA

We choose a non-interstate route, that proved to be much more relaxing driving, and what we noticed mostly were the acres and acres and endless acres of ……………..corn446.Corn fields

Not terribly exciting, and other than a very pleasant stay at a campground, and a quick visit to a quilt shop (will cover the quilt shopping in a separate post at another time), this just about sums up our visit to Indiana.  This area of Indiana is supposedly Amish country, but we saw little concrete evidence of Amish people other than a few names here and there like Stoltfusz and Yoder.

It was in Ohio that we had our adventure – coming up!

Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun. My niece lives in Indianapolis so I've been there a little .. not much. You make traveling sound so much fun. We went through Chicago once .. I didn't like it much either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember running through corn fields? I do. Now, though, I'd be picking my way through on high alert for spiders.

    ReplyDelete