A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life


I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, July 13, 2012

From BC to Alberta

From Vanderhoof, we started toward Calgary, fully aware that it was the July long weekend.  We arrived at Jasper National Park – no vacancies (we had reservations, but not for another few days).  On we went, arriving at Hinton, Alberta.

July 1 celebrations were in full swing!  And very little campground space anywhere.  Even the Walmart parking lot was full!

We found a campground off the highway – no services, rather rustic, but a place to park for the night. 15.Jn 30 Hinton

One of the great advantages to being north – daylight lasts until 11:00!  So we didn’t need electric lights to read.

We had no internet, but did have cell service, so called ahead to friends near Edmonton to beg a parking spot for the next night.  We could have arrived in Calgary in one day, but we’d been unable to secure a campsite before July 2 (long weekend and Stampede coming up).  So July 1 night was spent at the lovely park-like setting of our friends’ acreage.


They have children and grandchildren that share their property as you can see.  It was so peaceful there, and we relaxed so much we even forgot to check our cell phone.

When we checked email on Monday morning, we learned that our DD had been admitted to hospital – now increasingly anxious to get to Calgary, we headed out as early as we could, arriving early afternoon July 2.

That day and the next were ones of alternating hope and angst.  The outcome – the babies were born the evening of July 3 (see previous post), much too early.

We stayed around Calgary for a couple more days, before going to the next destination already on the agenda.

Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. What a journey yu had, it must have been hard arriving to find no spaces anywhere. Your friends' place looks idyllic.
    Hope and pray that things are a little easier now.